4.19.2010


It's crazy how time's been flying lately. Brixton turned 8 months last week! He's really grown up a lot in the last two months. He's officially mobile now- started crawling the day after we got back from Texas last month. It all happened so fast. One day he couldn't even turn from his back to his stomach and then three weeks later, he was crawling. One of my favorite things he does right now is after he uses the furniture to pull himself up to a standing position, he looks back at me and smiles really big as if to say, "Yes! I'm amazing!" I should really get it on video.

Anyways, it's no secret I'm terribly inconsistent and suck at posting. I so wish I was better about it and have been gathering ideas of how to improve. I'd bore you with the details about how I came up with a plan, but I think instead I'll just get right to introducing my first step. Make Day Mondays. I love this idea! It's really simple. Every Monday, I'll try to make something. It can be anything-- a batch of cookies, a birthday card, a toy for Brixton or whatever. I'll snap some photos and then write about it here.

I think these Make Days will be good for me for a couple of reasons. For one, it'll get me into the habit of posting more often (I hope). And two, I'll be creating. Making things with my hands is something that really makes me happy and something I don't think I do often enough. Let's give this a try, shall we?

For today, I just did something simple. Guav gave me a little plastic container with small compartments that used to house some screws. We like to repurpose things whenever possible.
I gathered some materials including origami paper, my foam alphabet stamps, an ink pad, mod podge and an exacto knife.

After some cutting, stamping and podging, I ended up with a new little case for some of my jewelry supplies. Easy peasy! I really think I'm going to enjoy these Make Days.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely idea, the craft and the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would be so happy to look at your blog and see a little something different every Monday...and Brixton smiling at you is very important, he is a happy lil guy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx lelah! when do we get meet your awesome little dude? how's it being a mommy? totally curious what carrier you decided on... i've recently used the ergo and loved it and think i'll probably start rockin it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hi there! I got the Pikkolo - it's really comfy for me. I found this lady in Princeton that has a store in her house and she let me try on a few different ones. Love being a Mommy!!! Hey, we have diapers for Brixton that Guav asked me to order a while back (to save on shipping). So we do need to meet up. :) - Lelah

    ReplyDelete