5.10.2010


I guess you can say that I've been kind of obsessed with gathering plans for Brixton's 1st birthday party. Confession: I've actually been planning since his half birthday. I mean, not really planning, just bookmarking my favorite ideas and getting inspired. Well anyway, apparently, I'm not the only one in my family who does this. My sister's been planning my nephew Micah's 3rd birthday party since February-- his actual birthday isn't until July.

So Micah's going to have a superhero party, and my sister wants to make each guest their very own cape. She asked me to search around for a good pattern for her to use, and I stumbled upon a cute tute I decided to use for today's makeday project.

I used an old t-shirt, some felt, scissors and embroidery thread and put it together while Brixton watched Raffi. It took me a little more than half an hour but only because my neighbor Liz came by and distracted me a little. Also, I had to cut the letters and sew each of them on. The cape itself took very little time to cut. It's pretty brilliant actually-- easy and sooo cute. Check out my little superhero.


Being a superhero is serious business which calls for a serious face.
MK2_7579B
Did anybody else out there make something today?

3 comments:

  1. mélanie of burgundyMay 11, 2010 at 8:17 AM

    i love this. it seems easy... or you make it seem so easy. :) will try this for my little pirate. it's about time he learns to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hand-painted a double-sided sign yesterday.

    We have our screenprinting shop in our garage and sometimes the garage door needs to stay closed for light-sensitive work. In comes the need for a sign:

    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4599374708_f6783f6cec.jpg

    It just happened to actually fall on Make Day Monday when I painted it last night. :)

    He looks awesome with the cape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @melanie- would love to see pix of your little super pirate and his cape if you make one for him. it really was sooo easy.

    @alexa- those signs are beautiful! between your screenprinting shop and that bungalow, it seems you're pretty likely to be making things quite often!

    ReplyDelete