5.03.2010


Brixton and I are feeling much better this week. Last week, he started forming some sort of rash on his arms and for a minute we were worried he had gotten something called the coxsackie virus (worst name for anything, ever), because his girlfriend who lives next door had it the week before. I took him to his pediatrician, and she assured us it wasn't coxsackie and that it was probably just an allergic reaction. We haven't changed laundry detergents and he still only takes breast milk so I still have no idea what caused it, but it didn't seem to bother him and now it's almost all gone. Anyways, here he is going crazy on the paper they use to cover the benches in the exam room.

And here's a picture from this weekend just because. Aren't my guys so handsome?

Now on to makeday. I love mangoes. Like, really love them. Fresh, dried, freeze dried, pureed, pickled, frozen, whatever. I love it all, but today had me wanting it in ice cream form. Problem with that is that I don't know how to make ice cream. Don't you need an ice cream maker machine of some sort to make ice cream? Whatever. I figured mango popsicles would be easier and satisfy me just the same.

I found a bag of frozen mangoes in my freezer and threw them into the blender with soy milk and mango nectar. This is when I discovered that my Brixton absolutely hates the blender. The sound of it scared him to little pieces, and he cried every time I turned it on. So I picked him up, held him through it and I ended up with a batch of cold mango yumminess that I had every intention of pouring into ice trays to make popsicles. Until of course I realized I'm not that picky. Why wait hours for popsicles when I can have a delicious mango shake right now?

So that's what I did. And that's what I made. It was perfect, and I was very pleased with it. Brixton didn't even try it, but he looks to be pretty pleased as well.

4 comments:

  1. I love you, Oh mighty Mango Goddess!...and the little Mango Popsicle. ( Does that make him a Mopsicle? )

    ReplyDelete
  2. what kind of insurance do you guys have? did it cover your home birth? will you ever post your birth story? i am so happy you are updating more

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually didn't have a home birth... we had Brixton at the hospital even though 99% of the time I was actually in labor was spent in the comfort of our home. I would LOVE to write up the birth story one of these days. Details of it are slipping from me daily. I am happy to be updating more as well and am thankful that someone out there actually cares enough to notice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we notice! we notice! And we looove it!
    xoxo, alex!

    ReplyDelete