5.24.2010

My First Mommy's Day

It's important I write about my very first Mother's Day, because for one, I said I would last week but didn't get to it and two, it's exactly the special day that I'd like to read about years from now. Also, I can see myself wanting to mention it next month or something and how stupid would it be to talk about Mother's Day on Father's Day? It was such a sweet day. Guav did a great job making me feel so loved and special the way every mom should on Mother's Day. Way to go, Bot. ::High Five::

It all started with Brixton waking up like he always does: by tossing and turning over about five times until he decides to officially land on his hands and knees and open his big brown eyes. A half second later, he smiles (everytime) and then starts chanting his da-das. They usually start as whispers and slowly progress into loud babbles and variations of "da". I love it. I'm of course awake after the first couple of tosses and am there to smile back and fully greet him with good morning kisses once he gets into his crawl position. He woke up Guav by doing some combination of nudging his face into his back and wacking his head with an open hand.

Once we were up, Guav insisted on making a run to The Cinnamon Snail to get me something delicious for breakfast. He brought back a breakfast burrito, a smokey portabello sandwich, a vegan donut and cinnamon twist. Everything was quite yummy, but the cinnamon twist was exceptional.

Soon after our breakfast, I was given a couple of presents to unwrap. I got The Big Ass Book of Crafts (a book I owned some time ago but managed to misplace), a veggie cook book and an issue of Mothering Magazine. We all cuddled on the couch for the next couple of hours-- I flipped through my books and magazine while Guav and Brixton took a nap.

Guav had plans for a Mother's Day picnic for us, but unfortunately, the weather wasn't awesome enough for it. So when they woke up, we went to the craft store and Marshalls Home Goods. I got a few things at A.C. Moore and a pair of boots at Marshalls. Brixton, for the very first time ever, did not cry one single bit on the way there or on the way back. It was so weird and wonderful.

Once we got home, I was already thinking about food. I asked Guav what he would like me to prepare for dinner, and he said, "I don't even know why you're trying to worry about that. It's Mother's Day. I've got everything under control." And he certainly did. He prepared an amazing dinner for us-- some sort of herbed unchicken, potatoes and veggies with wild rice and a mango and cream popsicle from Trader Joe's for dessert. My husband is the best.We were hoping Brixton would bust out with his first "mama" that day, but that didn't happen. Still, it was such a lovely Mother's Day. Yummy food, crafts, books, shopping, cuddles and kisses all from my two favorite guys ever. I am so lucky.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day, it was beautiful from your point of view, thanku

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I don't check back often, because you don't really update a whole lot, but if you and Guav update this little with one kid, how the heck are the two of you going to function in life when you have another one? Forget blogs, I mean important stuff, like using the bathroom. ;)

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? That is a perfectly coherent run-on sentence... DOH!

    ReplyDelete